Over 20,000+ sign ups in the first week of the Minterest community allocation event!
04.22 UPDATE: Due to significant market support to prioritise Ethereum as the protocol’s launch network, we are launching on Ethereum first and will launch on Moonbeam later.
Just a week after launching Minterest’s community allocation event, the community grew to 20,000 people with over 20,000 subscriptions for the event – just extraordinary growth!
We are incredibly grateful for the support from everyone who has assisted in achieving this result, including Minterest investment partners, marketing partners and all of you – our community! The best part is: we are just getting started!
Community comes first
Building and growing Minterest’s community has always been a priority and in doing so building trust and inclusivity, with community sitting at the core of what Minterest does and is about.
When exploring ways people might access the protocol and interact with the protocol, it seemed many common options did not create the inclusion being sought, but rather promoted user ‘fomo’. To reflect Minterest’s ethos of fairer finance and inclusivity, we redefined what a conventional community allocation event looks like – welcome to the NEXT LEVEL.
This is an event where all sign ups are guaranteed an allocation! In addition, people get the opportunity to win a Minterest NFT in the NFT lottery, which provides its holder significant boosts in APY, and which can be used or traded to others for whom such a feature is highly valuable.
Such NFTs will grant the holder an APY boost with potentially very significant value-add depending on their supply of liquidity to the protocol. NFT holders will earn a higher yield without impacting the rewards of other participants.
Each whitelisted participant will receive a number of lottery tickets proportional to how early they sign up. Find more details on the NFT lottery here.
Sign up to get guaranteed allocation & APY boost lottery tickets.
Community weekly highlights
We have just hit the 20,000+ signups milestone on our community allocation event! The team behind Minterest are very active in the channel, ready to answer questions and provide regular updates.
Here are some of the highlights from last week’s activity:
- Minterest is partnering with Moonbeam, and where the protocol will be launching on their EVM-compatible smart contracting parachain on Polkadot. Moonbeam will provide recognised world-class technical support to assist with the protocol’s migration, and Minterest will act as a magnet for attracting liquidity onto Moonbeam’s parachain. Read more about the Minterest-Moonbeam partnership here.
- We conducted our first community AMA featuring Korean community CryptoNeedle (@Blocktoday) and CEO & Founder Josh Rogers. Josh explained how the token holders will benefit from Minterest’s unique autoliquidation functionality, compared to other lending platforms where liquidation fees are lost to external third parties.
- Minterest was featured in the Altcoin Buzz News – ‘Minterest is set to go live on Moonbeam Network , providing the best of both Ethereum and Polkadot to the decentralized finance space’.
- Minterest was featured in The Fintech Times – ‘In order for DeFi to remain relevant and ensure longevity, creating a fairer financial system for all, innovation must put the user at the core, says Minterest’.
- CTO Denis Romanovsky discussed recent exploits in DeFi with community members, and how Minterest’s engineering culture is geared to not suffer similar events and prioritise protocol security.
- CMO Alexander Funck clarified and discussed the workings of the NFT lottery, as well as the friend referral signup for the Community Allocation Event.
- CTO Denis Romanovsky addressed the source of APY boost tokens for NFT holders, which is designed to give NFT holders a higher yield without impacting the rewards of other participants.
Join our Telegram Channel today and become a part of our growing family!
So welcome to Minterest, in your best interest
Minterest is a unique borrowing/lending protocol built by industry leaders to service the billions in Total Value Locked (TVL), in DeFi lending projects, with the specific aim of putting user benefits at its core. It provides users with a decentralised financial platform that is fair and inclusive.
The Minterest protocol has the world’s first buyback mechanism, which automatically passes on surpluses to contributing platform users. This way, users receive protocol rewards on top of industry leading borrowing/lending rates, creating the potential for the highest long-term yields in DeFi. The protocol also has an on-chain treasury which captures and shares liquidation surpluses with users.