Minterest Roadmap: What’s Next
Minterest’s mission is to be the leading decentralised money market in Web3. Its unique value is offering the highest long-term yields to liquidity suppliers at the lowest cost of lending to borrowers.
To achieve the mission, there are two key objectives required:
- TVL: Offering liquidity suppliers the most robust and liquid money market.
- Accessibility: Providing seamless and barrier-free access to all users irrespective of the intermediary application or blockchain.
This article explores the near future for Minterest’s go-to-market roadmap, detailing the key upcoming phases that begin the march towards achieving Minterest’s mission. If you have not read the prior post that provides a baseline for Minterest’s current state, we would recommend you read it first here.
As a preface, the Minterest protocol has been operating without issue in a closed beta format (i.e., Private Launch) since early 2023. All subsequent development will build upon the underlying smart contracts, so that Minterest LP’s do not need to change their behaviour in any way.
The immediate roadmap is divided across three key phases, and is milestone-based, bound within timeframes but without hard dates. This approach provides needed flexibility for decision-making while maintaining a keen eye on capital efficiency for the team.
1.1 Private Access: October
Private Access is a special protocol event held within the current private launch phase to drive attention to Minterest. Private Access is a closed environment campaign for lenders and borrowers offering Minterest participants with high rewards and allowing the team to put the protocol through its paces ensuring all functionality and features are operating as expected.
Included with Private Access:
- Limited access via Minterest NFT: Participation requires holding a Minterest NFT, available on marketplaces like OpenSea. Also note we are extending Minterest NFT validity periods by 12 months!
- High rewards: Significant increase in emissions and staking rewards. Reward rate will be communicated closer to the event.
- 5 markets open: USDC, USDT, DAI, WBTC, and ETH markets available, with borrow positions around 20% of LTV (Loan-To-Value).
- Governance token: Non-transferrable during this phase.
More information on the Private Access phase is available below.
1.2 Public Access: November
Public Access opens the protocol to anyone with a supported Web3 wallet on Ethereum.
Included with Public Access:
- NFT Boost Starts: Rewards on emissions increase up to 50% via Minterest NFT.
- Autoliquidation engine* launches: Borrowing allowances increase to match industry LTV ratios of 70%-90%. Learn more about why the Minterest autoliquidation engine matters here.
- Governance token: Non-transferable during this phase.
More details about Public Access in the weeks ahead.
1.3 Public Launch: Q1 2024
Public Launch builds on Public Access and unlocks vested governance tokens, allowing them to be transferable.
Included with Public Launch:
- Governance token: Transferable.
- Listing: Key integrations and listings.
More details about Public Launch in the weeks ahead.
2. Private Access Preparation
Private Access is the first upcoming phase. Several initiatives are underway to support successful execution of Private Access, including:
- Product development: Improvements and features such as updated liquidation engine logic, streamlined health gauge, and adjusted dashboard views for accurate user rewards.
- Brand refresh: Minor refresh includes visual branding and governance token ticker symbol changes.
- Updated documentation: Updates to Whitepaper, Technical Paper, Gitbook, social channels, and new tutorial walkthroughs and videos.
- Liquidity building: Negotiations with institutional partners, whales, and others for onboarding liquidity.
- Partnerships: Building diverse ecosystem relationships rolling out publicly over several months that increase accessibility of Minterest to a larger user base.
Once the dates are finalised, further information will be provided.
Marching Forward Together
There is a lot to digest with the roadmap. And yet, there is still so much more to share, detailing out each phase, new and updated product features, community activities, and exciting campaigns planned – all coming to the blog in the weeks ahead.
The Minterest team has addressed community questions related to the roadmap on the Minterest Gitbook under section Community Asks.
*Note that Minterest’s Autoliquidation Engine has been renamed to Solvency Engine.
07, August 2023